To: All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy. Grayson Space Navy and other Allied Forces.
From: J. Eddy Roberts, Rear Admiral of the Red, Commanding Officer 8th Fleet
Re: 8th Fleet Interpretation of ND17APR-05 – regarding Fleet Shoulder Patches
As of the date of this order, by my hand and by the authority of the Sovereign, Queen Elizabeth III of Manticore, I hereby issue the following order providing interpretation and guidance for members of 8th Fleet in regards to ND17APR-05 and Fleet Shoulder Patches.
With the caveats below, the following may wear the the Fleet Shoulder Patch:
1. The Fleet Command Triad (CO, DCO, Bosun)
2. The Fleet Senior Staff (COS, OPS, Intel, Comms Officers).
3. Fleet Members can wear informally on Day jackets, etc.
Caveats and Exceptions and other Clarifications:
1. The FIRST DUTY the fleet command and staff owe is to their SHIP “Hat”, therefore if a member of the command triad or senior staff are serving in a “hat” role on board their own ship (Captain, Exec, Bosun, etc.) it is my order that they wear their ship’s patch and not the fleet patch on their uniform.
2. LAC Crews in 8th Fleet will be assigned off of our Fleet’s LAC carrier – HMS Siren. I would ask that any LAC crew wear HMS Siren’s ship patch. Individual LACs will be considered on a case-by-case basis for variation from this standard. (In accord with Admirality Order 1602-06)
3. Senior Staff is defined as the COS, Ops, Intel, and Communications Officer. It does not include personnel that “work” for those officers.
This order shall be effective 0001 Hours, 25 April 2017.
J. Eddy Roberts
Rear Admiral of the Red, RMN
Commanding Officer, 8th Fleet